Automatic gearbox problems on a Sharan

Hello everybody,I'm new to this metod of communicating so if i make any mistakes i apologise in advance. I am having problems with my gearbox in my 1996 n reg Sharan. It's only done 34000 miles but has started to misbehave when changing between 2nd and 3rd. It seems to give a rev after disengaging 2nd and then 3rd comes in with a thump. I've had it to a VW dealer who put it on their machine but it showed up nothing. Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome.Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Turvey

Check the transmission fluid level - probably a dealer job, not easy to get to.

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller

If that doesn't do it, have them reset the transmission controller.

Reply to
Matt B.

Thanks for the advice. Will get it booked in and let you know how i get on.

Reply to
Turvey