bench bleeding master cylinder (A1brake booster replacement)

I need to replace the Brake Booster on my 81 rabbit convertible. Everything that I read (Bentley etc.) says that the master cylinder has to be removed first ( not enough clearance and I don't want to damage/kink 22 year old brake lines). I have replaced master cylinders before and they came with fittings that allowed you to recalculate fluid back to the reservoir to bench bleed the air out to installing them in the car. If I remove the master cylinder am I going to need to bench bleed it and how can I do it with out the fittings?

Thanks Steve

Reply to
sehaare

The way I would di it is just put it back on, leave the firrings loose, top the fluid and gently push the peddle down. untill no air comes out, just fluid. Then tighten the fittings and see how hard the peddle feels.

Joe

Reply to
Joe R

Buy a couple of short brake lines, the ones with the fittings on them.

Then just bend the other end back up into the mc and bleed it that way.

Reply to
Dave