Bentley CD Problems - RESOLVED!

To all those who followed the earlier thread or offered their...uhh...opinions, I'm happy to report that the issue has been resolved. I received the following email from Bentley Publishing this morning:

"Hello Kent,

I apologize for the difficulties you are experiencing. I have arranged to have both the paper manual and microfiche CD sent to you at no charge. Eventually there will be an updated CD, however, I do not have a date of release but I will be happy to sign you up to receive this as well. You can expect your shipment to arrive shortly."

The new Version 2 CD arrived today via 2nd Day FedEx. I expect that the heavier manual is being shipped in a more economical manner and will also arrive shortly. I'm not certain if this unexpectedly quick resolution was due to my correspondence with Bentley's president or Mark from Adirondack working behind the scenes, but either way I'm gratified that Bentley decided to address this issue, at least in my case. For those of us that use their products to keep our VWs on the road, let's hope that this is an indication of an evolving customer service and product support policy at the company.

And to those of you who like to dress up as "Captain Corporation" on Halloween (tights, cape, and all), I encourage you to demand a bit more from the companies you do business with. Companies, like people, need to be held accountable when they make a mistake. If you feel that corporations can do no wrong, and you roll over and play dead when a company doesn't fulfill their end of a contract, it just makes it that much harder for the rest of us trying to make our way in this market economy. I was told to "get a life", told I had a thick head, and was accused of intentionally buying bootleg software (apologies accepted where offered). Few if any comparable attacks on Bentley, the company that took my money and gave me a product that didn't work. What's up with that?

And please, everyone continue (or start) to do business with Mark at Adirondack. I still feel he had no more control over this matter than I did, although I'm sure he would have refunded my money if I insisted. My experience tells me that Mark's an honest businessman who respects and values his customers, and for that he should be rewarded with your business. Case closed...

Reply to
Kent

I am happy your manual problem has been resolved. The reason why I am writing you is on account of your sig file, I am a proud and happy owner of an '87 VW Jetta 8V 372,294 miles and counting!

Reply to
Darwin Pharo

congrats to you!!! later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave

Nice work. I think Bentley is a fairly customer oriented company. When I had issues with my CD version, they genuinely seemed befuddled by the whole matter. I swear by my Bentley manuals, but I still don't think they have moved into the electronic age very gracefully.

Now go fix something Kent...you have all the info you need!

Reply to
Tony Bad