Bentley manual "repair groups"

Hey folks - in my Bentley Passat (B4) Manual, there are places where it refers to "See repair group 50," or "See repair group 34." What is this about? Is there somewhere in the manual that I can find these listed? It is not referring to page numbers or section letters, as far as I can tell.

Any help greatly appreciated.

The cam seized on the VR6, bits of junk all over the place, and I've priced a replacement engine out of a collision.

Thanks - Chris

Reply to
starburst

Sorry for the loss of your engine. :-( Did you have any warning signs first? Like noises or oil pressure warning lights/buzzers? Mileage on the engine? Major oil leaks?

Bentley Repair Groups (on my CD)

-34 might be Manual Transmission 02A 34 Manual Transmission - Controls, Case

-50 might be Body - Exterior, Body - Interior 50 Body -Front Group 37 should be for the Automatic Transmission.

I am assuming that you are reading up on replacing the engine???? :-)

You are welcome to join the Passats group here

later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

systems are divided into sections. A few are

24 fuel injection 23 diesel injection 90's mostly electrical radio, instruments, wipers, etc 27 battery, starter, alt, etc 10 complete engine 15 cylinder head related

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck