  2. Squareback
  3. Middle age Bus
  4. Old Beetle
  5. Toureg
  6. A3 Golf and Jetta and GTI
  7. Dasher
Reply to
Tom Levigne

Oh I forgot any Karman Ghia which of course goes in worst list - probably about 3rd or 4th to be exact (slightly uglier than old beetle).

Reply to
Tom Levigne

I think the Phaeton is their best looking car... has so much presence... A4 Jetta's are nice cars too.... actually the A5 Jetta looks a LOT better in person then in most of the pictures I've seen.... It's a damn fine looking car... The rear looks like a new Audi from the top and a BMW M5 from the bottom (I don't think anyone would really say "Corolla" if they saw the thing in person... especially next to a Corolla). Front looks like the new Golf/GTI, which is quite decent, the chrome doesn't look bad at all in person (I thought it would look tacky).

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Of course others will have a different list of what is the best looking and what is the worst looking. It's all a matter of personal preference. As the old saying goes: "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". For example, I would put the old Beetle up near the top of the best looking.

Reply to
Papa

I would rate anything with the auto-stick transmission or an A/C on any air cooled as deserving to be on the worse

Frankly I consider the Gia one of the best looking cars ever made.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I second that, the old beetle is possibly one of my favourate VWs, besdies my A3 golf *scowls at tom*.

Reply to
Mike Robinson

how could you possibly consider this ugly?

Reply to
northwind

Yea most ugly by design. :-)

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

*Too* much presence. Heavy-handed and unsubtle, IMO. For me, the best-looking VW is a tossup between the A4 GTI (esp. R32) and B5/5.5 Passat.

Nice, but kinda feminine-looking, epsecially the rear of the roof/window area.

Speaking of Audis, now *there* are some damn fine looking VWs (well, VAG, anyhow). The new A6, and the A8 short-wheelbase, are a couple of the best looking cars ever made.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

Either the best, or the worst - I can't decide. ;-)

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

OH yeah. That goes near the top of the ugly list. sorry.

Reply to
Tom Levigne

Don't like feminine rear ends, hey, Mike? Something you want to tell us?

Reply to
Brian Running

No, please don't tell us.

Also, where does A5 Golf and Jetta go on the list? I would put this Golf way higher than the Jetta which looks like a dam Toyota.

Reply to
Bud Lite

OK, here's the final revised list that we all now agree to:

Best (best on top):

  1. Newest Scirocco
  2. A4 Golf and GTI
  3. A4 Jetta
  4. Corrado
  5. A5 Golf and GTI
  6. New Beetle
  7. Oldest Bus
  8. A2 Jetta
  9. 412 and 411
10 A2 Golf and GTI
  1. Phaeton
  2. Older Scirocco
  3. A1 Golf and Rabbit and GTI
  4. Passat
  5. Vanagon and Polo (tie)
  6. Newest Bus
  7. Lupo

Worst (from ulgliest to less ugly but all are still ugly):

  1. Fox
  2. Thing
  3. Squareback
  4. Middle age Bus
  5. Kharman Ghia
  6. A5 Jetta
  7. Toureg
  8. A3 Golf and Jetta and GTI
  9. Old Beetle
  10. Dasher

Reply to
Tom Levigne

if you have ever owned a Corrado.. it has to be higher than 4th

timeless lines...

i still excited when i see a picture, or one in person

owning a Corrado is to appreciate VW form

my 2 cents canadian

cheers

Mike

Reply to
michael

I don't think anyone is ever going to agree on this list... personally I think the original Scirocco is possibly the best looking VW ever... one of Giugiaro's better designs, not too extreme but tight and classy at the same time.

Personally I think the KG is 2nd and Corrado maybe 3rd... the form has promise but a lot of its lines are ripped off from the old Studebaker Avanti and honestly IMHO Loewy did it better. Those are probably the only three VWs that I truly DROOL over although I do have a soft spot for Mk2 Sciroccos having driven one for years. I miss that car sometimes...

I really don't get the evolution of the Golf/Jetta platform. I dunno whether I like A1s or A2s better, it depends on the day, but each iteration following has been less appealing to me than the one before (OK, I like the A4 just because it had the ultra-badass 1.8T in it, but other than that I can leave 'em all, A5 included. The 1.8T really belongs in a Mk1 Scirocco anyway )

nate

michael wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I hope I didn't annoy too many people. But it was a thing of beauty.

*MYSTIC*
Reply to
Mystic

Reply to