Beware Parma, Ohio VW Dealer -- Ganley Inc.

I recently had my Jetta in for an oil change. The mechanic forgot to tighten either the drain plug or the oil filter and I ran out of oil. The dealer refuses to talk to me and replace the damaged engine. Please heed this warning and avoid doing business with Ganley Inc. I will never purchase another vehicle from them or another VW (VW or Audi) product. While investigating my problem I've heard many horror stories about VW and Audi Service.

Reply to
<cmbrown2

lcopps

You have rights here, don't ignore them. Ohio has an active Attorney General's office (although in Columbus Ohio) and it has small claims court, both of which may be helpful. If you have not yet contacted VW USA that should be your next step before the other two choices.

While any shop can have such an accident, after all they are using people, no shop should ignore it. I doubt if there is any make of car that has not had a similar incident.

I really can't comment on the specifics here since we don't really know all the facts and I am sure the shop has their side to the story as well.

If you are sure you are right, then don't let them off without a fight.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

wrote in news:3f1381e2 snipped-for-privacy@news1.prserv.net:

If this is the place at Brookpark & Ridge, we used to take my wife's Mazda there until we realized how overpriced their service is. We stopped going there.

Reply to
Rick Troha

You didn't really run out of oil did you? Did you ignore the idiot light and low oil alarm when they went off?

My VW dealer did the same thing on my Eurovan, but it didn't actually "run out of oil". I know saying it ran out of oil would help you build a better case, but if all it did was leak a quart or two before you noticed, you probably didn't damage anything. I see you have a beef with VW products in general, but this kind of absent minded thing has nothing to do with this being a VW. My friend had a Mitsubishi, and they did the same thing, only the guy backed it out of his garage bay, didn't notice it had blown all its oil, and left it idling for a few minutes. Ouch.

My dealer said the drain plug may have been defective...after I started at the guy for a minute with a "do you expect me to buy that BS" look on my face. he added, or maybe we just forgot to tighten the plug.

Enjoy your car, and don't make a mountain out of an oil puddle.

Reply to
Tony Bad