big mirror for door panel?

Hey, I caught this clip on the news last night and have been searching the net since but with no luck. A little off topic except it would be handy for a caddy with a cap/camper...

It was the Los Angeles Bomb Squad truck (control center) and the clip showed the passenger side door open (very front door) and the whole inside door panel was a big, slightly wide angle mirror. I thought it looked really cool. But, obviously very functional as well. Just prop the door open and driver has an unbelievable view down the side of this big rig.

Wondering if anyone else has seen this or something similar? I googled but found everything you can imagine about passenger door mirrors but nothing like this. Any images or videos show the truck but not with the correct door open.

If I can find a pic or clip I'll post it. Every pic I find so far is just the next door back open (with the diagonal hand rail). It's bound to show up eventually, someone had to notice it besides me! In2

OK, I found the story but no pic or clip yet.

still searching.......

Reply to
In2hoppn