Blinking Third Brake Light

One other thing I forgot to mention....

When I got the car back from the body shop, the third brake light in the rear window now blinks when I put my right hand turn signal on, regardless of whethere my foot is on the brakes or not...I can't imagine that it is something major that is causing the problem, but just the same, I can't find anything obvious that is causing the problem.

Thanks,

Pete

Reply to
Pete Cressman

The wire for the 3rd brake light plugs into the right rear tail light. Bet it's in the wrong connector.

Reply to
Woodchuck

What would I be looking for if that was the case?

Thanks,

Pete

Reply to
Pete Cressman

Does the center brake light work OK with the signal off and the brakes on? If not, it's probably misconnected to your right turn signal.

Look at the bulb holder board and find the brake light (probably the innermost bulb on the bottom). Trace the metal track on the board for this bulb (whatever track goes to the bulb's center is the 12V+ one) back to the connector and see what color wire it connects to. This is your regular brake light wire. Now see where your wiring from the 3rd brake light is connected to.

However, if the center brake light *DOES* work with the regular brake lights and it also flashes with the signal, I'm thinking the ground circuit is messed up and your signal bulb is somehow grounding itself through the 3rd brake light.

Reply to
Matt B.