Bora TDi gone slow as hell..!

Hi, I am having trouble with a VW Bora, T reg with the 90 horse power Turbo Diesel motor in it. The turbo doesn't seem to be boosting at all. You can hear it spin-up and whistle but you don't get any kind of assistance from it whatsoever. Is this common? Any ideas as to a cause? It has new oil, fuel & air filters fitted during its service and it is still the same. Thanks in advance,

Alan.

Reply to
Al

And you will head the engine straining, then accelerate, then more strain at certain points. Trust me three company cars drive like this... one of them is so bad it takes a good 15+ seconds to hit 60, and I don't mean miles per hour, and this is absolutely floored.... stick shift as well. I find if the MAF is really bad, shift as quickly as possible into higher gears and don't go more then 2200 rpm or so... I think the MAF comes into play (moreso) as the rev's reach over 3000 ish. I think one of the company cars has more wrong then just the MAF tho. Probably an EGR valve, and something else.

As "Al" said his turbo is doing nothing... for the cars I drove it felt as it was only the turbo doing something.

That one Jetta tho at my work.... god I need someone to shoot that thing. It was the first TDI in Ontario (or at least the region, bought in like late

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Thanks for the replies, I will check it out.

Cheers,

Al

-- In message , Mike scribbled hastily

Reply to