brake fluid cap.

Hi everybody, i have a 1983 rabbit cabriolet and i want to build a pressure bleeder and i need a cap for the brake resevoir. what years of rabbit, golf jetta audi van fit a 1983 resevoir? i found a audi cap on ebay will that fit? it is a 87 cap. i even dug thru the fridge for a juice cap but they are to small.thanks.

Kasoma Duplantis snipped-for-privacy@msn.com

Reply to
snpboy

I don't remember my rabbit but on all the A2 car's I've owned it's the same as some GM cars and they can be found in the help section of parts stores. The A4 series bodies use the same cap along with my 93 Eurovan. I built a pressure bleeder also.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

Don't take this as gospel, but I think most German cars use the same cap, and it wouldn't surprise me if most European cars use the same cap. One exception to that is aircooled cars which are different from watecooled. I'd just walk through a U-pull-it junkyard and find something appropriate.

Reply to
nothanks

someone did a website on how to build a power brake bleeder including listing the part numbers to make the cap you want along with the other necessary parts. good luck on the search. ;-) I used an old VW cap and some plumbing parts to make one.

Reply to
One out of many daves