Branded vs. Generic brake pads

I?ve bought top branded brake pads and paid the top brand prices but since I?ve bought new a couple of years ago I wasn?t sure if I really needed to keep spending lots of money on maintenance. There is this website discbrakepads.net which sells a more generic brand of brake pads and the prices aren?t too bad. Has anyone bought from them before? Quality any good?

Reply to
gofastroger

tenance. There is this

Hi, I did a brake job this weekend and used those brand of brakes (Lomandi). I bought the parts from a parts place that supplies repair shops and even the service depts of VW dealers. I'm confident parts from that parts place (including the Lomandi brand of brakes) meet OEM specs. The pads are hefty and have lots of meat on them.

Reply to
tonyw

Use longer stopping distance for the first 200 miles after changing your brakes and you should be good.

Reply to
Airport Shuttle