Broken Seat release lever 3 Dr VW Golf

I have a M registration (1995) 3 door VW Golf 1.8LD which currently has a problem with the drivers seat. The problem is when pulling the lever up on the side of the seat the latches that let the seat flip forward (so passengers can get into back seat as it's a 3 dr) doesn't release the seat.

I looked at the seat and found that there are two claw type latches that lock the seat back in place. The lever in the side of the seat is attached by a thin steel cable to one of the latches and another steel cable which then attaches (somehow?) to the other latch. When the lever is pulled both catches flip up and the seat can be pushed forward. The cable that ones from one latch to the other has broken (snapped at cable/bracket join).

Does anyone know if you can purchase just this cable or is it the whole seat back? If it's the whole seat I did consider visiting a breakers to replace it rather than the main dealer as I would think these seats are expensive to replace.

If anyone has any suggestion or has fixed this before it would be really useful to know.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
uk_techie_2005