Bulb Replacement 2000 Passat Climate Controls

Hi folks,

The lights went out on the three climate controls. I assume it is a single bulb. It there a single bulb behind the fan control in the center? Is it more complicated than pulling off the knob?

Thanks

Reply to
TL

Yes & no, it's a 10 minute job!

Reply to
Woodchuck

This just happened on my 99.5 jetta around 50k miles, and happened to my friend's 99.5 Golf at around the same mileage. The Bentley manual doesn't give a clear indication of how to get that stuff apart. I pulled out the radio and the cover plate for the climate controls, but couldn't figure out where to go from there. The screws loosened the mechanism, but not in such a way that it could be removed.

...Sean.

Reply to
CheetoDust

Reply to