buying 2000 jetta

Thinking of buying a 2000 Jetta V6 GLS. KBB Retail 14800, dealer asking

13900. They got this car at auction in CA. I ran a carfax and it shows 2 owners prior to auction. 1st owner had it serviced at dealer regularly, but also shows elec system service 4 times??? Questions... What do you think they paid for this car at auction. Would you buy it?? Do you think the elec. problems were ever solved? Has 52 k miles What should I offer/ pay for this car. Thanks
Reply to
dvdgldg

To me this seems quite high. The 2000 jetta's around here go for about

10000. With no problems. I'm in VT.
Reply to
Archangel

Sounds like a top end price for a low kms Jetta with service records of that year here in Ontario... so in the US the price should be lower... would be nice if original poster said where the car is.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

My 2 cents, it's eneded up at the auction because the last dealer didn't want it! And KBB is at least 2k high and that's why dealers use kbb!

Reply to
Woodchuck

$8,995.00 US

Reply to