Camshaft Position Sensor Passat

97 VW Passat VR6 auto

I got a DTC

16725 - Camshaft Position Sensor (G40): Implausible Signal 35-00 - -

I checked the voltage at the CMP (#1 and #3 pins) and got over the required

10 volts. I put in a new CMP sensor, cleared the code, ran the engine and the code came back almost instantly. grrrr! What else could be wrong?

Is there a way to read what the CMP is doing, or in this case not-doing, using the Vag-Com?

TIA, dave

Reply to
Dave