Can't open trunk on NB

I hear the mechanism when I press the button, but the hatch doesn't move. Any ideas about how to get it open? Or what might be wrong? (google didn't help this time...)

Reply to
Drew Dekreon

I believe you will need to access it after folding down the back seat and lowering the back trim. Likely will want to remove the trunk liner.

After that it is mostly a matter of looking and trying to figure out what is not working, hopefully just a loose connection.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

The same thing happened on my '88 Cabbie convertible. Turned out that the linkage from the lock to the latch had worked loose. I was able to force the interior package lid off and then had access to the inside of the trunk lid.

Reply to
Papa