Car insurance: Jetta GL vs. GLS

**Hi, all. I have a question for you. What would be the difference between a Jetta 2.0l GL and a Jetta 2.0l GLS when it comes to car insurance? I say this because I was informed that my GLS was much more costly to insure than a GL. I thought the only difference was you could have more options with a GLS. Do options like a sunroof, Monsoon stereo or leather interior matter to such a large extent? What's the difference between a loaded GL and a base GLS?

I have a more loaded GLS, at any rate. It costs me almost $400 a year more to insure it than my ex-Hyundai Santa Fe and that jump was solely in collision.

Thanks for any insights,

kaboomie

Reply to
kaboom