CD Cassette Error

Our 2000 Jetta's cd player started acting strange yesterday. I keeps showing an error "check cassette" and some sort of "cd error" at times. Any ideas what would be causing this abrupt change? Thanks in advance, Ray

Reply to
lobo

Has it been cold where you live? If it is, that could be the problem. My 2000 Jetta does not like the cold at all, and has all sorts of phantom problems like the alarm arming, but with no sound. Most frequently, Jetta's CD player (the 6-changer mounted in the trunk) throws CD errors or NO DISC messages for no good reason when the temperature outside drops below 35 degrees farenheit (I live in Alabama, and we have about six months worth of 30-degree mornings). I think I've even seen the CHECK MAGAZINE error come on. The only way I have figured out how to fix it is to turn off the CD player or set it to Radio, take the magazine out, take out the offending CD or CDs, place them back in, and place the magazine back in. That seems to clear it up. Hope this helps a smidge! Even if your CD player is mounted in the dashboard, it may also be subject to problems when the temperature dips. Good luck!!! :)

Reply to
Asenath

Thanks Asenath. I will give your suggestions a try. The changer is in the trunk and have r&r that thing many times trying to get it to work. It's weird as it was working just fine, I exchanged a cd and the next day it started acting up. I even removed all of the cds and placed one in the cassette to no avail. I live in Texas and it really has not been too cold here of late. Actually in the 90's a couple of weeks ago. Ray Still trying to make the wife happy with a fix of her cd player :)

Reply to
lobo