CD Player Error- Standard Eurovox

Hi,

My 1998 Golf has a standard Eurovox single cd player/radio. Model 4680.

It is coming up with an error that says E-04, which the manual tells me the disc is dirty (which it's not). Have tried a lens cleaner disc, but the same error appears.

Eurovox sent me some instructions on how to reset the player. ie holding the "on" switch for 6 seconds. Which of course doesn't work.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, any fixes? other than going to the local stereo guys and getting it repaired or most likely getting a new aftermarket one.

Is there an easy way to pull the head unit out?? i'd prefer to pull it out myself than have the car stereo shop do it.

Thanks

John

Reply to
John