Changed rear brake pads on 2000 Jetta - Now brake light flashes

I bought the tool to turn the pistons back into the calipers. It went smoothly as did the rest of the job. Now, the brake light flashes and there is an audible alarm when I start and move the car. The brakes seem to work well, and so does the parking brake. Any idea's of what went wrong? What makes the light/alarm come on? Thanks and have a nice day.

Reply to
Joe B

Not sure about the Jetta but our BMW 3-series will beep at you if you have the parking brake on and try to drive away. If the Jetta is similar maybe it thinks the parking brake is set when it isn't?

Reply to
Matt B.

Reply to
Randolph