Google:

From: Don Borowski ( snipped-for-privacy@spk.hp.com) Subject: Re: Wanted: Service manual for VW Passat VR6 Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled Date: 1996/09/30

MListon5 ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) wrote: : Are there any service manuals for VR6 Passats available yet? If so where : can I purchase one?

I must answer this question at least once a month. It ought to go into the FAQ.

Bentley has flatly stated to me that they have no intention of publishing a manual for Passats from 1993 to ?? (1994 for sure).

Having said that, you can still do OK. You can get the microfiches that the dealers use. Order them from Dyment Distribution Services. Their phone number is 216-572-0725. You want the whole set of W42 002 144 (mechanical, $25) and W42 031 190 (electrical, $5). Yeah, you will need a microfiche reader, but this all the money you saved not having to buy a paper version, you can buy a used reader.

BTW, when you call Dyment, tell them right away that you want VW info, so that they can transfer you to the right person.

Donald Borowski WA6OMI Hewlett-Packard, Spokane Division "Angels are able to fly because they take themselves so lightly." -G.K. Chesterton '81 diesel Rabbit, '93 Passat GLX wagon

Reply to
Peter Parker