Changing the driivers front turn indicator bulb?!

My drivers front turn indicator bulb went out. I pulled it out assuming it was a plain bulb behind a yellow lense, but it isn't. However, it looked okay except for some corrosion on the stem. I cleaned it up stuck it back in, and it worked. There is a hard plastic cover that goes over the back of the bulbs, and a soft plastic cover that goes over that. I had a lot of trouble getting the second cover on (heck, I had a lot of trouble doing all of this; who do they design it for? I had to have my 10 year old help me because his hand is smaller.) and ended up really jamming it in to get it into position for the screws.

I don't feel particularly good about how I closed it up, but maybe that is what you have to do. Should I continue to play with it until it goes together smoothly, or does it have to be jammed in?

Thanks.

Reply to
John

Nowhere do I say it is 2000 Golf! Sorry.

Reply to
John

They suck, but take the time to put it all back together correctly, if anything it will keep moisture out of the light. Would you want a dealer tech to do the job like that???

Reply to
Woodchuck

The top cover should slide into some grooves and two screws should hold it in place... you'll know when its in.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

I would want a dealer tech to do it right, just like I want to do it right myself. But since I have never seen one before, I had to ask what was right. Thank you for your help.

Reply to
John