Cleaning Lower Body Panels?

How do you clean the lower body panels on a 2003 Passat? The panels I refer to are the black ones that are made of plastic or vinyl or some such, and are not painted.

Can I use a non-ammonia household surface cleaner, or is there something better?

What about a protectant? Is Lexol Vinylex any good for this?

Reply to
4Motion

I use WD40 sprayed onto a rag to remove road debris and other sticky stuff. I used to use a solvent like bug and tar remover to clean it and then spray with low gloss armor all, and finally wipe off. I found that this took a pretty long time each wash, and would result in some overspray. I like the WD40 better, and it leaves a nice looking finish, too. I am not too sure how long it really lasts. This is just a trick I remembered from my detailing days at a car dealership long, long ago.

Reply to
AudiAvant