clock/sunroof fuse blowing again and again!

I've had this 96 GTI 4 cyl for over 4 years, and suddenly the clock/sunroof/power lock fuse keeps blowing. I think it's #21 in the fuse box. The clock and sunroof aren't the biggest annoyances. The fact that the alarm goes off when I unlock and open the door is the most irritating thing. I've replaced it with another 15 amp fuse, and also tried a 20 and a

25, they all blow. I'm guessing there's a short somewhere. Any experience with this?

FYI, it doesn't blow until the engine is off.

Thanks

Reply to
Matty Anderson

check the wires in the door jams.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Good thought. I checked the driver's side, because it does this no matter what happens to the passenger door. Driver's side wires seem to be ok. I'll give the passenger side a look, but in the meantime, anybody got any other ideas I could try? I scheduled an appointment at the local VW expert, but it's not till Wednesday.

Thanks,

Matt

Reply to
Matty Anderson