Clouded Paint

Wife just got home from a week+ trip to visit her family. I have a bra on my van...not a big fan of these things, but since van is like a big shoebox, paint on front was taking a beating, so...got the bra.

Despite my warnings...pleas...to take the thing off if it got wet, my wife left the van baking in the sun for several days with a wet bra and now that I took it off I see clouding in the paint.

Is there any way to fix this short of having hood repainted. It looks really bad...although my wife says she doesn't see it.

I love being married......

Thanks for any advice or tips.

Reply to
Tony Bad

hahaha funny story but no sorry no idea :)

Reply to
Joe

leave it on always ,youll never notice what isnt there

Reply to
RLGIRSCH

Now there is the kind of deep insight I was looking for!

Thanks for playing...(;^P)

Reply to
Tony Bad

My guess would to buff it good with rubbing compound.

Reply to
Marshall Chase

I spoke to a friend who does custom paint work...and he suggested the same thing.

Thanks.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Bad

I don't think the problem is just from being on while wet. If that were true, all you'd have to do is strip the wax off and re-wax it.

Unfortunately, the rubb>Wife just got home from a week+ trip to visit her family. I have a bra on my

Reply to
Bob Hetzel

I am sure you are right. I have read that when they get wet and heavy, they rub even more, which makes the problem worse. I think I may just count this as a failed experiment and stick the bra under a seat and use it only when absolutely essential.

Reply to
Tony Bad

Stop bitching and start buffing. Did I win?

:)

Reply to
Peter Parker

The buffing worked but you missed the prize...which was a day of buffing, complete with gourmet lunch (a fluffernutter and some orange Hi-C)...you gotta work on your timing!

Reply to
Tony Bad