CLUTCH REPLACEMENT ON 98 VR6

Has anyone out there done a clutch replacement on a 98 VR6? Does it go as described in Bentley? Anything in particular that makes it easier or harder to do?

Thanks for any advice, David Abineri

Reply to
David Abineri

Did a clutch job on a Golf GTi VR6 Transmissions seem MUCH heavier than the ones mounted to the 4 cyl engines. It worked my arms out lifting it back up. I need to lift weights and build up more arm strength I guess! lol So you might want to use a jack and some sort of adapter if you have weak arms. ;-)

There were the cable shifter connections and the Hyd. Clutch Slave to deal with though. But no problems there, except one of the pieces was already broken which caused the owner to burn out the clutch earlier. Other than that it seemed to be straight forward.

dave

Dave, The Bentley Manual calls for using a scissor jack to push the engine backwards. Did you find this necessary? What did you brace against, it seems that the fans and radiator are the only things to push against and that doesn't sound like a good idea?

Thanks for your help, David Abineri

dave wrote:

Reply to
David Abineri

I only had to support it, I did not have to move it much if any. It was on a Golf GTi VR6

Remember that I said that trans is heavier than an A2 trans. If you have done an A2 you can do this one too! :-)

dave