Convert CD-changer to aux input while keeping in-dash single CD DIN?

I will be installing a single in-dash CD player (VW brand) in my 2001 Golf in a few days. The existing head unit is the Monsoon unit that came with the car.

At the same time, I would like to disconnect the cable running to the trunk (there is no CD changer there) and connect *something* there and have a set of auxiliary inputs hanging from under the dash - for an mp3 player or laptop hookup.

Is this possible? I have seen this device:

but it seems to want to plug into the CD changer cable itself, and therefore would remain in the rear of the car. I would like to know how to go about this if anyone knows. Thanks, david

-- Replace spam with david if you wish to send email to my directly.

Reply to
David Gunter