Coolant Leak - From Head Gasket ?

96 Golf. I recently noticed coolant collecting on the left rear bottom (as you face the engine compartment) of the engine. All hoses appear dry and secure. I suspect the coolant is coming from a leak in the head gasket. There's no noticebable coolant on the oil dip stick or filler cap. The coolant reservoir loses about 1-2 ounces of fluid over two weeks time - and I don't drive the car much. Will this worsen over time and should I get it fixed immediately? Or can I continue to drive it and fill the coolant as needed? Thanks.
Reply to
jpmccormac

Correction: I should have said the RIGHT rear corner of the engine as you face it.

Reply to
jpmccormac

My money is on the coolant flange on side of head! Havn't done a headgasket in years!

Reply to
Woodchuck

"My money is on the coolant flange on side of head! Havdn't done a headgasket in years! "

Hmm? For us amateurs, what is a "coolant flange" and what is the fix?

Reply to
jpmccormac

It's the port where the water hose connects to the head. And my money's with Woodchuck's. Common place for leaks.

Chris

Reply to
starburst