Crankcase vent hose, '87 Scirocco

I'm trying to find a replacement for the crankcase ventilation hose (pipe?) for my '87 16V Scirocco.

VW says they haven't got it and can't get it. Same from a couple of local supply places.

This goes from the vent on the front of the engine, to the intake air housing over towards the right. However, it's also got a small tap that goes to the intake manifold above the oil filter about level with the head.

There's a picture here:

The picture is from my other 16V, the pipe here is fine. The damaged one is open over near the crankcase vent.

- Bill

Reply to
Bill Leary

Could you make one from some heater hose, fuel hose, and carefully chosen tees? That might be the only solution unless you can find a good one in a junkyard.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

For what it's worth,

(which is actually Auburn Volkswagen) shows both part numbers as available. 027103217F is for up to vin # ...16000 and 027103217K for ...16001 on. I have noted that occaisonally part numbers will show as available on the site only to get an email back saying they are not available. Might try emailing or calling them (Zach is the internet sales guy) and verify availability.

Here is a shot of the ETKA page showing the part:

Todd

Reply to
racertod

I'm trying something similar. The current hose is damaged where it turns to go into the block. The rest seems to be in good shape. So, I'm going to the parts store tomorrow to find an elbow with the correct diameter at both ends (it gets smaller after the turn) and an in-line junction so I can get the car going again. I'll keep looking for the right part, but I'm not expecting much success.

I did this same trick for a water hose that failed about a year back and it's held up fine.

I'll try that too probably. This particular part does NOT match the one in any of the manuals I've seen. Those all look like the one racertod send the URL for in another message. This one is an elbow at the block with a run way over to the air box, and with a tap going up about half way along. Like the one racertod shows, except the joint (3 and 3A in that drawing) just aren't there at all.

- Bill

Reply to
Bill Leary

Neither of these is correct for either of my 16V engines. They both have something similar to the pipe labeled "5" in that drawing, except that they have a curve at the end to go into the block rather than the 3 or 3A part shown there.

- Bill

Reply to
Bill Leary

Bump!! Maybe this link will help