dead instrument panel

Help

My Daughters 95 Jetta 2.0 has a suddenly dead instrument cluster. Analog tach, speedo, fuel, and what ever else is in there all remain motionless. The digital odometer, trip and main are also blank. All "idiot" (I prefer "non-motorhead") lights seem to work on startup. I couldn't see a fuse actually marked for this cluster. Any suggestions on where a helpful dad should start looking?

Thanks

Reply to
Tom

Best to do is check all the fuses first.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Yes

Reply to
coolwater

in the electronic board there is a voltage regulator that should be the problem

Reply to
johuez