Denso iridium spark plugs.

Do any of you in this ng use denso spark plugs on your vw.I would like to know how your vehicle ran after being installed.

Reply to
BIGDETROITD

I had a VW mechanic who I respect tell me once that he preferred to see the stock Bosch (NOT Platinum) plugs in any VW and that NGKs were an acceptable substitute "in a pinch" - nothing else really worked correctly. I have had no reason to deviate from his recommendations as those two options are generally available and cheap in most areas.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Some of the turbo engines have a plug that looks like that OE. However, unless you have done some major work to your engine, the best plug in the world for a VW is the OE style plug. I've lost count how many times I've fixed a misfire problem by simply tossing the junk plugs in the trash and putting in some OE plugs.

Reply to
Pencilneck

Thanks for your replies.

Reply to
BIGDETROITD

Funny thing is in the Toyota engines, which use Denso or NGK plugs as OE, they are the best there. The Bosch plugs don't work as well in that application. So I guess run the plug closest to what the engine was designed to use.

Reply to
Roger Brown

I have personally used the Bosch Platinums with the double ends on them. I noticed a difference in performance and spark quality right away. SO I would agree stick with Bosch, but strongly disagree that the PLatinum series shouldnt be used because they are well worth the extra $$.

Reply to
John

are the best there. The Bosch plugs don't work

engine was designed to use.

NGK plugs are also OE in some VWs as well, and I'd suggest only replacing them with another NGK plug instead of Bosch... and flip side, if the car came with Bosch, only use Bosch plugs in it.

Reply to
Pencilneck

Do they MAKE an iridium spark plug that will fit a VW? aside from the fact that these plugs are $15 a piece! I have only seen them for asian vehicles... of course I haven't gone looking for $15 plugs for my VW... that would mean $60 JUST for plugs on a 4 cyl... that's ridiculous to me!

I have used regular NGK plugs >

OE, they are the best there. The Bosch plugs don't work

the engine was designed to use.

Reply to
VWGirl

I have found that using anything but Bosch Silber plugs in my Jetta causes it to run like shit. For anyone that has a Digifant vehicle, do yourself a favor and spend the $$$ on the OEM Silber plugs. When I changed mine, it was unbelieveable the differance that it made in power and performance.

- Peter

Reply to
Peter Cressman

I use the cheap Bosch copper tip. .99 cents at Autozone. Every 15K miles I get a new set. The electrodes are thick and no worry about self cleaning etc. I believe the rest of the expensive plugs are for suckers. JMHO....

Reply to
Peter Parker

This has been my experience also

Reply to
nosmo

you still in the acvw forum too cressman? i heard you had vanished.

Reply to
VWGirl