Disabling Day-time Running Lights on new Passat

Has anyone disabled the Day-time Running Lights on a '03 Passat GLS? I found a lot of info on how to do it on pre-2001.5 Passats but nothing on the new models...

By chance, is it the same?

Reply to
Paul

Best way, IMO, is to tape over a couple of the pins in the switch (this is how I did it).

You can also pull a relay, I think it's #253.

Do a seach on

there's lots of detail on both of these methods there. I think there's even a website devoted to DRL disabling, and they also have the info for the new models. The B5 post is good thou, it shows a pic of the pins and all.

-pete

Reply to
Pete Grey

What are the benefits of disabling it? Cosmetic?

Reply to
JD