Door locks on Passat

I recently purchased a 99 Passat GLS and have a quick question. The door lock on the outside drivers door will unlock and lock only the drivers door, but it will not arm/disarm the alarm and will not lock/unlock all the other door locks. The passenger door lock and trunk lock work as described in the manual perfectly. The switch on the inside of the drivers door also works fine, locking and unlocking the entire car. I am guessing this has something to do with the actual lock cylinder somehow connecting to the electronics to active the pdl and alarm. Does anybody know of this problem or what part will need replacing? Any help is appreciated.

Also, my car didnt come with a keyless entry remote. Was it standard on the 99 GLS model? Can i just purchase a remote on ebay and program it?

Reply to
Tado

You could have a problem with one of two things; the convenience module could be in a "logic lock" - disconnect your battery cables and touch them together for approx. 30 seconds, then reconnect. If that doesn't correct it, it's likely a faulty microswitch in the door latch assembly - there are several of them, and they are known to fail. And yes, your Passat should be factory equipped with RKE - go to your dealer with your VIN, have them look up the correct remote for your car.

Reply to
Paul

Or, you might get one from KeyLessRide at:

John H

Make sure you have the code for your radio when you disco your battery. (just a thought since you bought used)

Reply to
Mike K