Door Unlocking Problem

Hi all,

I have a 2003 GTI VR6. I've noticed lately that my passenger side door will not unlock via two clicks of the remote key unit. I can unlock it using the button on the driver's door. I have also tried my spare key (which is never used), and it will not unlock it either, so that takes remote entry out of the equation .

Has anyone else experienced these problems? BTW, I live in the US and my car was manufactured in Brazil.

Thanks,

JB

Reply to
JB

Yes it's a easy fix. You need to re-boot the cars computers. Disconnect one battery cable and then turn on the lights and turn key to on. After about 5 minutes turn them off and reconnect the battery. Turning things on drains all the computers memories.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Will I have to reprogram anything besides the radio?

Reply to
JB

The clock. The radio should get it's unlock code from the instrument cluster when everything comes back on line. At least about 90% of the time once the engine is running. Just wait about 5 minutes before turning the radio on.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Thank you for your help Woodchuck. I will reboot my computer later on this week. Now another question. I have purchased a phatnoise mp3 player. I have it connected and it is working fine. I downloaded the install instructions from the VW site. I tried to do the "cut out" for the player, but crapped it up a bit. I would like to buy a new back panel for the stereo side of a 2003 GTI. How expensive is this, and also, how difficult is it to remove/reinstall this part? I want to put the new one a bench so I can make a better cut and then install it.

Thanks for you knowledge, and BTW the Phatnoise ROCKS!!!!!!!!

Reply to
JB

No one at our small shop has installed one yet so I can't help you out on that issue.

Reply to
Woodchuck