driveline vibration- Rabbit

84 Rabbit- It vibrates the most on the freeway, the faster I go, the more it vibrates. It's not the tires; I've had them balanced and it goes away when I step on the clutch.

Advice appreciated.

Reply to
Ears

Jim Behning

Check what Jim says but also............. Check all of those engine/transmission mounts. I suspect the rear transmission mount.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to
Jim Behning

That rear mount would probably allow the powertrain to twist more and maybe even "hop", that is why I was thinking the OP's problem could be this. On the old Rabbits, I used to change the rear mounts more than the PASS side mounts and rarely any of the others. Of course since this Rabbit is 24 years old, it might need all of the mounts. ;-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to
Jim Behning

It's just warming up...

Reply to
Ears

lol warming up is right............. My '83 Audi 4000s ('83 VW GTI engine) is almost "broken-in" and running sweet now with just 240K miles on it. IMHO rust is one thing that usually "kills" the old VWs or Audis.

It's just warming up...

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to