Ebay rant

I bought a Bosch diesel injector pump seal kit on there Dec 13th. The seller doesn't have shipping insurance available. Apparently the post office delivered it somewhere last month around the 17th. .But they don't track where they deliver too. Just that they did deliver it somewhere. They actually told me the carrier may of done crack and took it to the other side of town. While I've been patiently awaiting parts and nice weather like last week. I send off an email to the seller last week. . Now I'm out of luck because the seller didn't allow insurance. And sent me a tracking number and I didn't get the package. I'm thinking the seller should of allowed me to buy insurance or should replace the seals. Because Anything I sold on Ebay . I sold with insurance Or a replacement guarantee Anyone disagree.

Reply to
none2u

Did he say in the auction shipping insurance not available? If yes, then you went into the arrangement with your eyes wide open. Your fault not his.

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.

Reply to
Rico

He can send you a copy of the delivery confirmation form to "help" you resolve this issue. It should have your correct address on it along with the USPS stamp. What is his feedback percentage?

AFAIK You did not receive the item so your transaction was not completed. If you had received the item and the box was damaged then maybe you would be out of luck since there was no insurance.

We can always see you on one of those TV court shows. If you are let us all know when it airs. ;-)

good luck! JMHO

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

You need to read the terms of eBay's rules. ***The seller is 100% responsible to have the item *delivered* to you.*** Insurance is not required, nor should the buyer ever pay 'insurance' as insurance only protects the shipper. You need to file an INR (Item Not Received) claim with eBay, and you will probably get your money back. Again, don't let the seller tell you that he's not responsible--by eBay's rules, which he agreed to, he is 100% responsible.

We sell thousands of dollars worth of parts on eBay each month. If an item goes missing in the mail we simply ship a new one to the buyer. Simple as that.

From now on, do make sure that your transaction payments are funded with a credit card and not a bank account or PayPal balance. That way you can do a charge back on the credit card for the item in dispute.

Keep calm, realize that you will probalby will get your money back, and avoid getting into a pissing contest with teh seller. Deal with eBay, use their dispute resolution tools...

Reply to
PeterD

Reply to
none2u

Reply to
none2u

Sounds like you have nothing to do, if you want, come over here and work on my Cabbie! Needs new struts for starters. Good the seller is working with you, as he should.

Reply to
PeterD

There's the problem, it should be cement, not gravel!

Reply to
PeterD

Excellent advice from PeterD. Since the seller did not have a signature delivery, he will not be seller protected, therefore you have to open up a claim that you did not receive the item. You will get your money back and you have control of the claim. If the seller does not replace the item, you will eventually get a refund. You can be mean and neg the seller after you get your money and then close out the claim so he can't give you neg feedback. Not sure if that works. However the seller prothe appears to be the only one selling this item. He has crappy feedback IMO. Using the

tool.

Reply to
Peter Parker

Yikes! Gravel! You also need one of those torpedo kerosene heaters. They work great.

Glad to see the seller sent out another kit for you.

Reply to
Peter Parker

Reply to
none2u

Don't think so...

If they wish to remain on eBay they do. If they wish to avoid legal problems they do...

No they are not.

Feedback can be left for at least 90 days, often longer.

Yes, it is. But *all* businesses are run that way generally. Sure, there are a few bad apples out there, but the majority of the businesses are basically honest (though they may not be efficient or good at doing what they say they wil do!)

No, not always. Often times things work out in the end...

Reply to
PeterD