EDR?

I know I've asked this before and someone answered it, but I'm looking for a link that documents EDR or MVEDR on Audis and the Phaeton. I've looked, I've even emailed Volkswagen in Germany, America and Australia and gotten no response.

Reply to
Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

what is "EDR or MVEDR"

"Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message news:Xns9B3A155C01A8FTBAnoonecarescom@87.106.137.111...

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

From Wikipedia: MVEDR is an acronym for Motor Vehicle Event Data Recorder

An Event Data Recorder or EDR is a device installed in some automobiles and trucks to record information related to vehicle crashes or accidents.

The ol' "black box" ;)

Reply to
lobo

OK, then he's interested is what the airbag model records when "one" smashes the car(lol)! Don't think anyone is going to tell you as that info is for the manufacture. I think it's a good think to have for responsible drivers as that info could very well protect the owner in an crash and lawyer case.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

"Lost In Space/Woodchuck" wrote in news:prOdna3hsZoJtmfVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

But I'm looking for an online link that states definitvely that Audis and Phaetons have and use them. I can't find that on any VW site.

Reply to
Not Currently Available

don't think that info is public. It's not even in the VW factory manuals.

"Not Currently Available" wrote in message news:Xns9B3B93C9F291DTBAnoonecarescom@87.106.137.111...

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

"Lost In Space/Woodchuck" wrote in news:rvGdnURySs0_VmbVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

So how do you prove to an ignorant person that a car like the Phaeton would have it as standard equipment?

automobiles

Reply to
Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

Reply to
Jim Behning

Jim Behning wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

He won't believe that. Even if I could make the connection, he wouldn't believe that GM doing crash analysis.

Sorry, but the guy is a complete wanker

Thanks for the suggestion

in

wrote

Reply to
Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

Reply to
Jim Behning

Jim Behning wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Never over-estimate the intelligence of people with an agenda.

Thanks for the link and suggestions, but this person see's conspiracy when you show him dots

Reply to
Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

Don't they have medicine for that?

Reply to
lobo

"lobo" wrote in news:kHcLk.5895$Ws1.5287 @nlpi064.nbdc.sbc.com:

Yes, but it doesn't work if you don't take it. He believes there is a jewish conspiracy to poison him.

Reply to
I'll Always Be Here

OK... in that case, why are you wasting your time with him?

When confronted with invincible ignorance, you have only two valid choices - join or ignore. No other action short of force will have any effect on any of the parties involved.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

" snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote in news:02fd604f-d058-4fb9-84a8- snipped-for-privacy@p49g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:

Usenet is the only place in politically correct America where you can harass the inept, incompetent and handicapped without fear of liability.

Reply to
I'll Always Be Here