Engine Management Upgrade A3 ODB2 Jettas

Has anyone put of these on there 1996 to 1999 Jetta?

Neu Speed Sells this chip they call

Engine Management Upgrade that's suppose to unlock some features and give you most horse power.

64.10.61 Engine Management Upgrade $109.95

if anyonse tried this, how were the results?

Reply to
Lee

Interesting, got more info such as a website page?

Reply to
Woodchuck

Just looked, that's the same chip my daughters 97 Golf had when she purchased the car. Yes it make it's run better but I don't think anything close to 11hp. The fine print states "up to 11hp" I can tell you the chip does advance the timing because her car would ping with 87octane fuel and sometimes also with 89. So I think all they do is "play" with timing. Raising the RPM limit does nothing if you don't have another camshaft "tuned" for the extra RPM range. I think to see a real world power increase you will need to go the complete upgrade, chip, cam, exhaust, intake mods.

Reply to
Woodchuck