EOS, what will it be like?

Anyone seen this car yet? Impressions?

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

/remco

Reply to
Remco Meeder

three weeks ago tomorrow, i had the opportunity to drive the new eos for an entire afternoon...first impressions of this 2.0t equipped vehicle is positive...the top takes 25 seconds to store...the back deck does move rearward while going topless and one must be careful about parking too close to a solid item [wall]....it's about the size of a beetle cabrio in the rear seat area....perhaps, just a little bit larger between front seats and rear seating...the fit and finish is excellent...typical high quality interior materials and anyone who is familiar with the latest generation of vws will be right at home. while it's not a sports car, it is a sporting car and coupled with the 6speed triptronic transmission, the handling,braking, and overall impression is over 90 on a 100 scale. the wind noise and buffeting are not an issue in front.......price points yet to be officially announced but very low

30's is the best guess. i would like to see the seam on the rear [where the rear deck lid lifts] a little less in thickness or perhaps a visible rubber strip would make it just right.

regards

Guenter Scholz wrote:

Reply to
euro930

Thanks for your impressions. Seem positive enough for me to wait till fall before making a car buying decision. The Eos will definitely be one to consider it appears. In the back of my mind is MB CLK or the Volvo S70 (?) at a lower price point...... AND manual transmission to boot!

cheers

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Hi, I'm to buy a new car, I like VW Eos and Opel Astra Twin Top. I'd prefer Eos, for the transparent roof. The price is very similar, anyway. Any suggestion?

Reply to
ze lurker