Exhaust Hangers on 99.5 Golf

Does anyone know if VW still uses those rubber O-ring type exhaust hangers or if they have another type in use on a 1999.5 Golf TDI.

Reason I ask is because I am fairly certain something is loose on my exhaust. I get a knock when I fire up the car, a rumble in reverse, and when I come to a stop I can hear slight knocking/rumbling noises... It's sounding like my old 1991 Golf when it started to lose exhaust hangers.

I think I have damaged something while driving through heavy snow and driving over large chunks of fairly solid ice/snow the other day (not really intentional, they were all over the road, not much you can do but drive over them).

Reply to
Rob Guenther

I bet the mid pipe bracket is rusted loose. If so a welding shop can fix it. Never seen rubber hanger go bad on the new ones yet.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Thanks, I'll get it looked at this coming week when the shops start getting back open - everything in town is closed till the 27th, pretty much.

The last time I ever saw the underside of the car some of the metal bits holding the exhaust did look pretty rusted.

Didn't really want to think it was the rubber hangers (didn't even know if it had any) since on my 91' they lasted until the summer of 2002 without ever having a problem, then all of them started to succumb to rot due to age.

Reply to
Rob Guenther
350° for spring roll wraps. Deep fry in peanut oil till crispy golden brown, drain on paper towels.

Lemon Neonate

Turkey serves just as well, and in fact even looks a bit like a well-dressed baby. By the time you turn the child?s breast into cutlets, it will be indistinguishable. The taste of young human, although similar to turkey (and chicken) often can be wildly different depending upon what he or she has consumed during its

10 to 14 months of life...

4 well chosen cutlets (from the breasts of 2 healthy neonates)

2 large lemons (fresh lemons always, if possible) Olive oil Green onions Salt pepper cornstarch neonate stock (chicken, or turkey stock is fine) garlic parsley fresh cracked black pepper

Season and sauté the cutlets in olive oil till golden brown, remove. Add the garlic and onions and cook down a bit. Add some lemon juice and some zest, then de-glaze with stock. Add a little cornstarch (dissolved in cold water) to the sauce. You are just about there, Pour the sauce over the cutlets, top with parsley, lemon slices and cracked pepper. Serve with spinach salad, macaroni and cheese (homemade) and iced tea...

Spaghetti with Real Italian Meatballs

If you don?t have an expendable bambino on hand, you can use a pound of ground pork instead. The secret to great meatballs, is to use very lean meat.

1 lb. ground flesh; human or pork 3 lb. ground beef 1 cup finely chopped onions 7 - 12 cloves garlic 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs ½ cup milk, 2 eggs Oregano basil salt pepper Italian seasoning, etc. Tomato gravy (see index) Fresh or at least freshly cooked spaghet
Reply to
Rob Guenther

it violates no religious taboos against swine.

1 large toddler or small child, cleaned and de-headed Kentucky Bourbon Sauce (see index) 1 large can pineapple slices Whole cloves

Place him (or ham) or her in a large glass baking dish, buttocks up. Tie with butcher string around and across so that he looks like he?s crawling. Glaze, then arrange pineapples and secure with cloves. Bake uncovered in 350° oven till thermometer reaches 160°.

Cajun Babies

Just like crabs or crawfish, babies are boiled alive! You don?t need silverware, the hot spicy meat comes off in your hands.

6 live babies 1 lb. smoked sausage 4 lemons whole garlic 2 lb. new potatoes 4 ears corn 1 box salt crab boil

Bring 3 gallons of water to a boil. Add sausage, salt, crab boil, lemons and garlic. Drop potatoes in, boil for 4 minutes. Corn is added next, boil an additional 11 minutes. Put the live babies into the boiling water and cover. Boil till meat comes off easily with a fork.

Oven-Baked Baby-Back Ribs

Beef ribs or pork ribs can be used in this recipe, and that is exactly what your dinner guests will assume! An excellent way to expose the uninitiated to this highly misunderstood yet succ

Reply to
Woodchuck

Infant Death Soup

SIDS: delicious in winter, comparable to old fashioned Beef and Vegetable Soup. Its free, you can sell the crib, baby clothes, toys, stroller... and so easy to procure if such a lucky find is at hand (just pick him up from the crib and he?s good to go)!

SIDS victim, cleaned ½ cup cooking oil Carrots onions broccoli whole cabbage fresh green beans potato turnip celery tomato ½ stick butter

1 cup cooked pasta (macaroni, shells, etc.)

Remove as much meat as possible, cube, and brown in hot oil. Add a little water, season, then add the carcass. Simmer for half an hour keeping the stock thick. Remove the carcass and add the vegetables slowly to the stock, so that it remains boiling the whole time. Cover the pot and simmer till vegetables are tender (2 hours approximately). Continue seasoning to taste. Before serving, add butter and pasta, serve piping with hot bread and butter.

Offspring Rolls

Similar to Vietnamese style fried rolls, they have lots of meat (of course this can consist of chicken, beef, pork, or shrimp). Who can resist this classic appetizer; or light lunch served with a fresh salad? Versatility is probably this recipe?s greatest virtue, as one can use the best part of a prime, rare, yearling, o

Reply to
Rob Guenther