FA: Phatnoise PHATBOX 20GB car stereo MP3 player

I have two brand new Phatnoise Phatbox 20GB car digital media player (MP3 player) units for auction.

These models are for Audi's and VW's only and connect via your CD changer output. They retailed at $600-700 when they came on the market. Check it out:

envirowarrior

Are these the ones you can get for $150 from Clair Parts now?

Reply to
Lee

In article , "Lee" wrote: $119.00 at busdepot...................bill

Reply to
Wm Donley

And they retail for $119 right now...

Reply to
CSS

And they sold for $80 to $120 above VW list price! Got to love ebay.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Exactly, I continue to be amazed by the seemingly endless supply of buyers on eBay who just assume if it's on eBay, it *MUST* be a good deal. I just can't believe the buyers who apparently don't do any searching of retail pricing before bidding. (Not that it hasn't worked to my advantage on occasion)

Reply to
Jaime

I think I'm going to list $100 USA bills and have reserve price set to $125! Wonder how many I can sell???

Reply to
Woodchuck

That's why we're here.

Thanks for your continued support.

2002-AVERAGE REC.AUDIO.MARKETPLACE ADS 344 (PER MONTH) MOST SCAMMERS

2004-AVERAGE REC.AUDIO.MARKETPLACE ADS 31 (PER MONTH) MOST LEGIT

2005-AVERAGE 3 NON-SCAM SALES PER WEEK

OFFICIAL BLUEBOOK VALUATION SUCCESSFUL IN STOPPING SCAMMERS! ============================================================

Reply to
OFFICIAL RAM BLUEBOOK VALUATIO

eBay doesn't have a lock on stupidity. I can recall being at an auction (in person) several years ago. They were selling off inventory from a manufacturing company. Several high-end plotters went up and the price was $2k over *retail* for them.

As Barnum's says "...there's a sucker born every minute."

Reply to
wkearney99

Any Canadians in the group here should have read Jake and the Kid (by W.O. Mitchell) in their youth. There's an excellent story in there about the dread disease known as...Auction Fever!

Tools are particularly bad. I've been at auctions and seen _thrashed_ power tools sell for about 20% over new retail. Never understood it.

Colin

Reply to
Colin B.