fan speed control bulb

How does one remove the bulb located inside the fan speed control knob on a 2003 GTI? I've tried pulling on it but it does not budge.

Reply to
Ototin

I thought after 2000 climate control was standard on gti's

The Robert Bentley manual page 80-5 suggests use pliers with plastic or rubber protection to pull off, looking at the diagram the bulb is then there for changing, however it seems the trim panel has to come off 1st. hth

Reply to
Avanti

I'm able to remove the knob itself. It's the bulb I'm difficulty in removing. I tried pulling on the bulb but it does not want to come out.

Reply to
Ototin
[snip] woops sorry should have read your post properly.

Fresh air control lever light

unclip trim panel and rotary control to remove. According to the RB manual

hth

Reply to
Avanti