Faulty Break Line Switch

I just took my VW Polo to the garage in the UK because the EPC dash light was on. They told me it is a Faulty Break Line Switch and they want to charge me over $200 to replace the switch. Is this something that I can do on my own? I also noticed that over 800,000 VW's in the US were recently recalled for this exact problem "Faulty Break Line Switch," does anyone know why the UK has not also recalled their cars?

Cheers.

Reply to
Rosie.Eddy

Jim Behning

Are we talking a "break line" switch or a "brake light" switch?

Reply to
Matt B.