Firewall Ground Wires

Hello

My car is a 1990 VW Jetta with Digifant II ignition. It has three ground wires connected to a bolt on the engine side of the firewall. One of these wires stems from a wiring branch routed above the bolt; the other two ground wires are connected to the engine valve cover.

I find it strange that two ground wires are used to connect the same two end-points (firewall to engine). Does anyone know the reason for this? Redundancy maybe

Thank

-- datatechnic

View this thread:

Send from

datatechnic

Redundancy and higher current-carrying capacity.

Reply to
Vince Waldon