Frankenvolks

So I've got this 1991 Jetta ( 4dr, gasser, auto) that threw a piston arm out the side of it's block. The Head is intact, perfect even.

what I'm wondering is this. I've got an 87-88 Golf (4dr, gasser, standard) that's a total wreck. But the block is good.

Is it possible to mate a 91 head to an 87-88 block without too much trouble?

Reply to
Matt House

Bob Peters

Are there any special concerns? or can I just slap a new head gasket in and bolt the damn thing down?

Reply to
Matt House

AFAIK, yes. The Golf (is it really an '87 or an '88?) might be CIS injection if '87 but even then I think the only differences between CIS and Digifant as far as a swap in concerned is the head and not the block so you should be good to go.

Reply to
Matt B.

Oh Good. I was worried about that.

Reply to