Free '84 Scirocco

I'm giving away a 1984 8V Scirocco.

It got taken off the road because of a water leak on the back side of the engine. We (son and I) thought it was a cracked head or block. I've been told since then that it's more likely the fitting which connects to the heater isn't seated. The last time it ran, it ran fine, but it was using a bit of oil. If I'm remembering correctly a quart every four or five thousand miles, but I'm not positive.

Second issue is that the car was hit on the drivers side just at the rear wheel. The wheel is canted inward at the top a bit and the fender wrinkled about as you'd expect. I drove the car for another two years after that and my son drove it for another year. No issues, no odd tire wear (which surprised me) and it always passed inspection without any problems.

As may be, we're giving the car away, so it's strictly "as is."

The interior is in pretty good shape, as is the remainder of the body. The car is silver with a blue/grey interior.

The car is in Hopkinton Massachusetts and will have to be towed.

This message uses my real e-mail address, so just "reply" and I'll get it.

- Bill

Reply to
Bill Leary