Freon fitting for '95

I think my '95 has R-134A freon. The Bentley book says so. The air conditioner output seemed low. So I decided to add some freon. I took off the plastic cap from the low-side "service fitting". Instead of a quick-connect fitting, there is a fitting with a female thread.

How do I top up my freon?

Reply to
Tom's VR6

The "female" part is what the cap screws into. The outter, male, part is the quick disconnect fitting.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

Thanks! I was screwing up. I had somehow assumed that the larger (16 mm) fitting was the low side, rather than the smaller (13 mm) one! Dohhh. No wonder the fitting would not mate.

Reply to
Tom's VR6

Glad you got it strightened out!

JoBo