FS - 1982 Volkswagen Quantum GL Five Door Wagon - $750 [CA-USA]

1982 Volkswagen Quantum GL Five Door Wagon - $750

--------------------------- NOTICE - If you do not have the skills and tools to diagnose complex automotive problems, this is probably not the car for you

---------------------------

1.7 liter (105 cu in), 4 cylinder, Single Overhead Cam (SOHC). Same engine used in 1982 Jetta, Rabbit, Scirocco and 1983 Jetta, Quantum and Rabbit and some Audis.

5 Speed Floor Console Manual Transaxle

69600 ACTUAL MILES - yes, we did buy it from a "little old lady" that hardly drove it.

Special Features

- Electric Windows

- AM/FM/Cassette

- Electric Door Locks

- Air Conditioning

- Digital Clock

Interior seats, carpet and head liner are in very good condition. Dashboard has cracked plastic. Some plastic side panels in cargo area cracked.

Exterior has some body dings that could be fixed with Fibreglass.

Engine has been rebuilt and functions very well. Head has been refurbished including having the valves redone. Has 1986 Audi engine cooling system installed (better cooling). New Timing Belt & Battery. I put over 4000 miles on the car after the engine rebuild.

I am selling because I purchased another car and this VW can not pass 2004 California smog laws (Nox somewhat over limits - rest OK), apparently because the engine was not designed for much more stringent 2004 laws. I have not had it professionally analyzed to determine what things could be done, beyond what I did.

2005 California Registration Fees paid through August 2005

Car is located in Fremont, CA USA - Pix available at

Contact Jim [me] at buythis123 at hotmail

Reply to
jkgend

What good is your registration to someone else? Won't a buyer be required to re-register it anyway?

Reply to
Papa

Papa asked "Won't a buyer be required to re-register it anyway?"

It depends on the state, if the buyer is in CA they would only need to pay the transfer fee [$15] and the sales tax [$75]. CA doesn't trust private party sales to collect the sales tax [I can't imagine why], so they collect it as part of the transfer process.

Obviously, if the buyer is from another location, the CA registration would do them no good.

Jim

Reply to
jkgend