FS: 1984 VW Rabbit Wolfsburg Edition For Parts - QUICK!!

Hi all!!

I hate to do this, but my Rabbit has been sitting around for almost a year and I haven't gotten around to getting it back on the road :-( Someone please take this before the mice winter-over in it!!

I'm selling a 1984 VW Rabbit, Wolfsburg Edition, 2 door w/ hatchback. It is a 5-speed manual transmission and has around 265,000 miles on it(!) It's been a great car! It was a daily commuter for years.

The car failed RI emissions last year, so it's been off the road since then. As such, this is being sold as a PARTS CAR, AS-IS, no WARRANTEES or GUARANTEES.

Here are some specs on it:

- ONE Owner - me! - All the records if you're interested. - Frost Blue original factory paint that has seen better days. - Typical rust around the windshield and some around the rear window. - Windshield will leak, but in the past, I had been able to patch it so that it didn't. - Other rust spots here and there, but nothing major. - Air Conditioner that works. - Original upholstery in OK condition in the rear (one or two tears) - Upholstery in front is torn, but has nice denim covers. - Pinned-up headliner. - Original engine. - Original, mint condition spare tire. - Currently has snow tires on with no-longer-studded fronts. - ASK ME ABOUT OTHER AREAS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN.

I'm in the Providence, RI area and this needs to go this week, otherwise, some charity will get it. The car failed RI emissions last year. It probably just needs a new catalytic converter and maybe an oxygen sensor.

I'm open to offers but I'm looking for around $250. I also have a set of Toyo Spectrums with a lot of miles still left on them mounted on steel wheels that I'm selling separately. I also have with the car, the following:

- Used Bentley manual. Not in great shape, but it's all there. - Old rubber ski rack that buckles on the gutters. - Set of snow chains. - Anything else I can turn up in my garage that went with this car.

If you want everything, you can have it all for $400. I'm hoping that some other VW officionado will pick this up and restore it, or make good use of what's there. I'd really hate for a random charity to junk it for scrap $!

I'll provide pictures on request - I haven't taken any yet...

If you're interested, please email me at

decoy_016 at BLAHyahooBLAHcom

That should be decipherable. Post here if you have any troubles reaching me.

Thanks! Dennis

Reply to
dc