FS: 1987 VW FULL WESTIE Vanagon Camper

We are finally severing our ties with this Camper... we have bitten the bullet and gotten a 1999 Winnie (Winnebago Eurovan Conversion) VR6 which has all the bells and whistles such as anti-lock brakes, air- bags, traction control, AC and so forth. I guess we are getting soft or something. After some months of waffling, we have decided that two such vehicles is an unnecessary luxury.

In any case:

New Paint. Rebuilt Automatic (3sp) Transmission, new transmission cooler, radiator, thermostat & housing, overflow tank. About 65,000 miles on rebuilt engine. Very clean inside and everything works. (Stove, refrigerator, sink and so forth) Upper and lower beds. Pop-top canvas in excellent condition. Some very small tears in the upper screen only. Comes with rear hatch screen, front windshield curtain, side-tent (damage to one zipper) and front window screens (after-market). Good glass all around. Solid frame, sits straight, drives straight. Will take a 4-mile 18% grade at 35mph without overheating or protest. And go down the other side without brake-fade. That was our pre-sale test-drive this weekend. Current Pennsylvania inspection for safety and emissions, expires

9/07. Decent tires. Purchaser will receive a side awning... one bracket is missing to install. Bentley manual comes-with.

Many pictures available. Also listed on Craig's list (Phila.) and several other venues with some pictures.

Make reasonable offer, initial asking price is $10,000. Get it in time for Memorial Day!

Any questions will be answered fully, openly and completely. The vehicle is presently in Central PA (about 7 miles north of Berwick) due to space limitations in Wyncote, but may be seen in Wyncote, PA with sufficient notice.

This is a running car that I would not hesitate to drive across the US as-found.

Peter Wieck Wyncote, PA

Reply to
pfjw